If you were hurt at work, you may want to consult with workers compensation lawyers NY residents trust. At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We have helped many injured workers like yourself get the compensation they deserve. We fight hard to protect our clients’ rights and go the extra mile to help them get justice.
Common Causes of Work Injuries
Many workers get injured in workplace accidents every year, as workers compensation lawyers in NY can confirm. Some of these workers walk away with minor bruising while other suffer life-threatening injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Workers compensation lawyers NY locals respect have helped many workers who suffered a slip and fall accident. These types of accidents most often occur in employee break rooms because liquids get spilled on the floor. Employees can suffer all types of injuries from slipping and falling, including concussions, bruises, and broken bones.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees who are required to drive a vehicle on the job can get into accidents if they aren’t careful. If they are distracted or driving over the speed limit, for example, they can crash into another vehicle and get badly hurt. It is important for employees to be properly trained to drive a vehicle before they go out on the road.
- Hazardous Materials: Working around hazardous materials can be very dangerous if proper caution isn’t used. Workers compensation lawyers NY residents count on have seen many workers suffer burns, skin infections, and other serious injuries from hazardous materials. Employees can protect themselves by wearing eyewear, gloves, and protective clothing.
- Workplace Violence: Unfortunately, a good number of work injuries are the result of violence. Sometime employees disagree with each other about certain matters and get into fights. It is critical for employers to have a zero tolerance policy for workplace violence.
- Lifting Objects: NY workers compensation lawyers have represented individuals who got injured lifting an object at work. Lifting very heavy objects can result in muscle sprains and tears. If an object is too heavy to lift, employees should not hesitate to ask for help.
- Toppling Objects: When supplies aren’t properly secured on shelves, they can fall and injure workers. Head injuries are a common result of these types of workplace accidents.
- Fatigue: If an employee is pushed beyond his or her limit to stay on top of workload, this person get physically and mentally exhausted. A very tired employee may have slower reflexes and is more likely to get hurt on the job.
Hiring Workers Compensation Lawyers
If you are having difficulty obtaining fair compensation for a work injury, it may be in your best interest to hire workers compensation lawyers. They may help you build a strong case and obtain the money you deserve for your injuries. Many workers compensation lawyers offer free initial consultations, so there is no risk to speaking to one.
If you are looking for workers compensation lawyers NY offers, you may want to contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at 718-571-8264.