WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYERS NY
If you were hurt at work, you might want to consult with workers’ compensation lawyers NY residents’ trust. At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We have helped many injured workers like yourself get the compensation they deserve. We fight hard to protect our client’s rights and go the extra mile to help them get justice.
Common Causes of Work Injuries
Many workers get injured in workplace accidents every year, as workers’ compensation lawyers in NY can confirm. Some of these workers walk away with minor bruising, while others suffer life-threatening injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Workers’ compensation lawyers NY locals respect have helped many workers who suffered a slip and fall accident. These types of accidents most often occur in employee break rooms because liquids get spilled on the floor. Employees can suffer all types of injuries from slipping and falling, including concussions, bruises, and broken bones.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees who are required to drive a vehicle on the job can get into accidents if they aren’t careful. For example, if they are distracted or driving over the speed limit, they can crash into another vehicle and get badly hurt. Employees need to be properly trained to drive a vehicle before they go out on the road.
- Hazardous Materials: Working around hazardous materials can be very dangerous if proper caution isn’t used. Workers’ compensation lawyers NY residents count on have seen many workers suffer burns, skin infections, and other severe injuries from hazardous materials. Employees can protect themselves by wearing eyewear, gloves, and protective clothing.
- Workplace Violence: Unfortunately, a good number of work injuries are the result of violence. Sometimes employees disagree with each other about some issues and get into fights. It is critical for employers to have a zero-tolerance policy for workplace violence.
- Lifting Objects: NY workers’ compensation lawyers have represented individuals who got injured lifting an object at work. Lifting very heavy objects can result in muscle sprains and tears. If an object is too heavy to lift, employees should not hesitate to ask for help.
- Toppling Objects: When supplies aren’t properly secured on shelves, they can fall and injure workers. Head injuries are a typical result of these types of workplace accidents.
- Fatigue: If an employee is under significant pressure and pushed beyond their limit to stay on top of their workload, they may become physically and mentally exhausted. A fatigued employee may have slower reflexes and is more likely to get hurt on the job.
Listen to Attorney Adam Rosen Discuss the Basics of Workers’ Compensation:
Hiring NY Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
If you are having difficulty obtaining fair compensation for a work injury, it may be in your best interest to hire one of our workers’ compensation lawyers. They may help you build a strong case and obtain the money you deserve for your injuries. Many workers’ compensation lawyers offer free initial consultations, so there is no risk of speaking to one.
If you are looking for workers’ compensation lawyers NY offers, you may want to contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at 718-875-0909.
Managing Your Workers’ Compensation Case
Our NY workers’ compensation lawyers at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. know that work-related injuries can be especially challenging. Following such an accident, you will be left to sort out how best to move forward and ensure that you receive the proper care for your injuries. Unfortunately, such an accident is sure to result in some losses that may include medical expenses, lost wages, long-lasting physical damages, emotional trauma, and more. You will want to make sure that you have experienced New York lawyers by your side for your workers’ compensation case. The best-case scenario is that everything goes smoothly and is uncomplicated when seeking workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, it’s possible that your claim could be denied. Sorting out why and how to rectify your situation is best left to Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., New York workers’ compensation lawyers you can rely on.
Reasons Your Claim Might Be Denied
Receiving a denial letter from the insurance company can send many accident victims reeling. You will be left wondering why your claim has been denied and whether there is anything that could be done. Our NY workers’ compensation lawyers are fully prepared to assist you should your claim be denied. Common reasons for denials include:
- Your employer was not notified of the injury
- Drugs or Alcohol were involved
- You received treatment from a provider who was not approved
- You did not complete the proper paperwork
- You did not seek medical care
If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, you must have a clear understanding of your options. Call our NY workers’ compensation lawyers today to review your case and provide you with needed guidance as to what comes next. It may be possible to appeal the decision. We can help you by reviewing the denial letter and strategizing next steps. Contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. to get the process started.
How Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. Can Help
If your claim has been denied, it’s time to contact our workers’ compensation lawyers NY victims depend on. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system designed to ensure that employees receive the benefits and support they need and that employers do not fall into financial ruin because of an accident. You need our help in determining why your claim has been denied so that we can map out the proper recourse. From our New York workers’ compensation lawyers at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., you can expect:
- A team who will work diligently to answer any questions you may have
- To receive legal guidance from our experienced legal team
- To receive that answers to the many questions you are sure to have
- A timely response to your phone calls
- Regular updates about your case
- Savvy negotiators who will work hard to represent you in your case
In the wake of an on the job injury, you will need to take not only action but also to make several decisions. Our NY workers’ compensation lawyers at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. have seen many struggle with the twists and turns that may come with pursuing workers’ compensation benefits. We want to help you by ensuring that you are provided with the benefits that you deserve and that they are adequate to your needs. To schedule a consultation, call today. Our NY workers’ compensation lawyers will never stop working for you.
When do you need a workers compensation lawyer in New York?
Any time you remain in a disagreement with the insurance company, you must think about hiring a legal representative to represent you. You will need to gather evidence in order to challenge the insurance company’s position, which might include taking depositions, requesting an independent medical exam, and hiring skilled witnesses– all of which require legal understanding and ability.
The following are a few examples of when it is best to hire lawyer:
- Your claim is rejected. Insurance companies deny employees’ compensation claims for a range of reasons. The insurance coverage business might claim that your injury wasn’t work-related or that you filed your claim too late. You can fight the rejection through the workers’ compensation system. While the appeals procedure varies from state to state, it generally requires you to submit official documentation, utilize legal tools to collect proof, and present your case at a hearing.
- Your permanent special needs rating is contested. The bulk of a lot of workers’ comp settlements and awards are for irreversible impairment advantages. These benefits are determined based upon your long-term disability rating. If the insurance company does not agree with the ranking assigned by your dealing with doctor, it can require you to attend an independent medical exam (IME) with a physician of its choosing. The IME physician will likely assign a much lower impairment rating, which the insurer will utilize to validate paying you less in benefits. A legal representative can be important to getting you a reasonable settlement or encouraging a judge that you are entitled to the higher score.
- You have a preexisting condition. If you have a preexisting injury or condition including the very same body part you injured at work, you’ll be dealing with an uphill battle with the insurer. The insurance company will likely blame your injury on your previous condition instead of your work activities. This is especially true if your injury has developed gradually with time, instead of throughout a single work mishap. If you have a preexisting condition you may need a workers compensation lawyer located in NY.
- You’re having problems getting the treatment you require. Insurers often reject or hold-up in approving expensive medical treatments, such as surgical treatment. A lawyer can put pressure on the insurance provider to authorize needed medical treatments in a timely manner.
- Your capability to work has been impacted. If you can never ever work again, you’ll require to optimize your workers’ compensation advantages and structure them in a way to last well into the future. If you require to alter careers, you’ll need to protect training in a brand-new type of work. An attorney can assist you do both.
- You’re getting other federal government benefits. If you’re getting Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) advantages, these benefits may be lowered if you get workers’ payment benefits. A legal representative can help you decrease how much your SSDI advantages will be lowered. If you are eligible for Medicare, you might also be required to set aside a part of your employees’ compensation benefits to spend for future medical treatment. An attorney can assist you do this in the most beneficial way.
- If the insurance business declines to settle– or makes a lowball settlement offer you’ll be required to go prove your case at a hearing.If you go to court in New York you will want a NY workers compensation lawyer. To learn more, reach out to Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
Concerns Over a Denied Workers’ Compensation Claim
Many people are concerned when they file their workers’ compensation claim that the insurance company will not accept their claim. While insurance agents often accept workers’ compensation claims, there are certain times when they may not have enough evidence to support paying out these benefits or they may believe that the accident you were involved in did not happen while you were working. Whatever the reason for a denied workers’ compensation claim, the insurance company should provide you an answer when they send you a denial letter.
Is there such a thing as a temporary denial?
Yes. If the insurance company involved states that they are waiting for more medical documents before they can make a final decision, your workers’ compensation lawyer should be able to help you gather the necessary pieces of medical paperwork for your claim. If the insurance company receives the paperwork and chooses to accept your claim, you want to talk with your lawyer about getting past medical expenses covered (as long as they relate to your injury).
What does an appeals process look like?
If you have not gone through a workers’ compensation appeals process before or if you have not had an attorney, the entire process can seem daunting. If you and your attorney decide that the best thing is to appeal your denied claim and go to court, you need to be prepared for the hearing. During the heading, the administrative law judge involved with your workers’ compensation case will want to hear evidence.
Your attorney may recommend bringing in any witnesses to your accident and medical reports from your doctor. If the judge approves your workers’ compensation, you can move forward. If they deny it again, your attorney may recommend appealing this decision or they may advise you not to move forward.
Will a lawyer really help me with this?
Going to court on your own or attempting to appeal a denied workers’ compensation claim can be time-consuming and hard to do, especially if you are trying to recover from an injury or illness. A lawyer can walk with you through the different steps you will need to take and can speak with others on your behalf. If your claim is outright denied, know that we understand the denial process and know which steps to take to gather evidence to support an appeal. If you have any further questions on your workers’ compensation claim or a denied workers’ compensation claim, give our office a call.
In the wake of an on-the-job injury, you will need to take not only action but also to make several decisions. Our NY workers’ compensation lawyers at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. have seen many people struggle with the twists and turns that may come with pursuing workers’ compensation benefits. We want to help you by ensuring that you are provided with the benefits that you deserve and that they are adequate to your needs. To schedule a consultation, call today. Our New York workers’ compensation lawyers will never stop working for you.
“Polsky , Shouldice and Rosen is a competent law practice that delivers results. The office is always clean and inviting, and the staff is pleasant. They have parking in the back which makes things that much easier. I was lucky enough to have Adam L Rosen represent me in a workers compensation case. Adam Rosen is a pleasant, down to earth and respectful individual. As for my case, he and his staff took care of everything, kept me informed and made the experience stress free along the way. Most importantly, he and his law firm delivered a relatively good result. I hope this review helps someone looking for a good lawyer.”