Workers’ Compensation Attorney Brooklyn – Workers Comp Lawyer Brooklyn
Phone: (718) 875-0909
Contact Our Brooklyn Workers Compensation Lawyers
Brooklyn Office: 300 Cadman Plaza West One Pierrepont Plaza 12th Floor, Brooklyn NY, 11201 (718) 875-0909
If you were injured in the workplace, you may want to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney in Brooklyn, NY at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We have helped workers like yourself recover workers’ compensation for more than 30 years. Our goal is to get you the maximum benefits you deserve for your injuries.
When To Notify Your Employer About a Workplace Injury
If you got hurt in a workplace accident, then that very same day was the time to notify your employer. You should never wait to tell your boss about what happened, especially if you want to make sure nothing goes wrong with your claim. Taking too long to come forward about the accident, can hinder your approval odds and may lower how much you are awarded in benefits.
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that is paid by a company in order to protect themselves against financial loss if a worker is hurt on the job. The policies under workers’ compensation provide that injured workers receive compensation to cover their lost wages and medical treatment. Workers’ compensation programs entail both injuries and illnesses that may have been caused by the work environment or while traveling and performing a job-related duty.
It is important to note that employees are entitled to such benefits regardless of who is at fault. In fact, workers’ compensation programs were designed to alleviate the tension that can build between employers and injured workers. However, there are instances when a worker may be denied benefits, particularly if any of the following is true:
- The employee was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- The employee had instigated a fight with a coworker when they got hurt
- The employee was not on the job site nor traveling while performing a job duty when the accident occurred
- The employee intentionally caused the accident so they could receive workers’ compensation benefits
- The employer’s company meets the requirements to not have a workers’ compensation benefits program available
- The employee notified their employer about the accident after the deadline
Most employers are required to have a workers’ compensation program. But, there are businesses that may not need to carry this kind of insurance, such as those who use volunteers, independent contractors, railroad workers, seasonal employees, or longshoremen.
If you just aren’t sure what to do after a workplace accident happens, it may be better to reach out to an attorney who can assess your situation and intervene if necessary. It’s better to be protected and take action for your best interest than to suffer needlessly both financially and physically. We can make sure you get the medical attention and benefits required to recover. If you were disabled because of the accident and are unable to return to work, we can see to it that your coverage considers the support you need to live life comfortably and to the fullest extent possible.
When It May Be Necessary to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
There are times when it’s okay to file a workers’ compensation claim on your own, and there are other times when it may be in your best interest to hire legal assistance. Here are some situations where it may be necessary to hire a NY workers’ compensation attorney residents respect:
- Your employer denied your claim: Believe it or not, workers’ compensation claims get rejected all the time for one reason or another. If your claim was denied by your employer, you may want to hire an attorney and file an appeal.
- Your settlement is too low: If you received workers’ compensation but it’s not enough to cover all of your medical bills, it may be necessary to ask a workers’ compensation attorney for assistance.
- Your employer fired you: Sometimes employers become angry at workers for filing workers’ compensation claims and fire them because of it. If this happened to you, your rights were violated and you deserve to speak to an attorney about it.
- Your injuries prevent you from doing your job: If your injuries have resulted in disability, you may not be able to return to work again and might be entitled to lifetime payments. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney may help you receive the payments you deserve.
If you are looking for a Brooklyn workers’ compensation attorney in New York, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at 718-875-0909.
Client Review"I highly recommend the lawyers at polsky Shouldice & Rosen I've used them before they did an awesome job for me then it's no doubt they're going to do an awesome job for me now five star rating" David Stockdale