Denial of Workers Compensation Claims
Tips from Workers Compensation Lawyers Queens NY Offers
Insurers of workers compensation insurance benefits have the right to deny claims if they do not feel they are legitimate. This can force innocent and honest employees to fight for their rights to receive compensation for workplace injuries. If you have been injured on the job and are not being compensated fairly, you may want to contact one of our workers compensation lawyers in Queens NY. Since 1991, Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. has helped injured employees receive the compensation they deserve.
Going through any type of injury is a stressful experience. However, if you were injured in the workplace and you are not receiving fair compensation, it can be extremely frustrating and scary due to financial challenges. If this is your situation, you should consider working with a trusted legal team who will put your best interests as their top priority: Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We are workers compensation lawyers in Queens NY who are dedicated to protecting the rights of injured employees.
Common Reasons Why Workers Compensation Insurers Deny Claims
- There were no witnesses of your accident and resulting injury. Insurers of workers compensation will often question most accidents if there were no witnesses. Unfortunately, if you were injured at work and there were no witnesses, there is nothing you can do to change that aspect of your claim. However, you need to immediately report the injury to your supervisor and coworkers. It is also important you tell everyone the same recount of how the injury happened. Simply because there were no witnesses does not necessarily invalidate your claim.
- There are differences between your injury’s medical records and the accident report. It is common for insurers to deny workers compensation claims if information they received from the employee about the accident does not match what the employee told the doctor. It is very important to be consistent when speaking with your doctors, health care providers, coworkers, and supervisor about your accident.
- The medical tests determined that you were under the influence of illegal drugs at the time of the workplace accident. If an employee visits the emergency room after they have been injured at work and tests show there are illegal drugs in the employee’s system, the insurer may deny the workers compensation claim.
- You were laid off or fired from your job prior to filing a workers compensation claim. It can happen that employees who were injured at work delay in filing a claim. However, when they do file the claim, they were already fired or laid off. Insurers of workers compensation are less than eager to work with a claim filed after the employee no longer works for the company. It is commonly seen as the injury claim is just a revenge claim for being let go. It is extremely important to file your injury claim as soon as it occurs. If you do not, it could be very difficult to have the insurer or judge on your side.
If you have a legitimate injury that you suffered at the workplace and you are not being compensated fairly, consider calling the Queens workers compensation lawyers from our firm. Our attorneys at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. will work to collect evidence and fight for your rights. You should not have to suffer and deal with the frustrations of fighting to be believed when you are enduring an injury. Contact the workers compensation lawyers in Queens NY from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. today for a free consultation.
If you suffered an injury at your job, consider speaking to a workers compensation lawyer Queens NY trusts. You likely lost wages due to your injury and you may have suffered additional financial losses. Workers compensation plans were designed with the goal of protecting and compensating employees who are injured on the job. However, at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., we know that it may be stressful and complicated for an injured worker to file a claim successfully. An experienced New York workers compensation lawyer may help you recover your financial losses through a successful claim.
What Is Workers Compensation?
Workers compensation is an insurance program that provides compensation to individuals who got hurt on the job. The amount of money you might receive from a workers compensation claim depend on several factors, like the severity of the injury and the cost of your medical bills.
If your workers compensation lawyer Queens NY respects wins your case, you may have the options of choosing between a lump sum and a structured settlement. In a lump sum settlement, you agree to receive a single payment as compensation. If you choose a structured settlement, you may receive smaller payments over a period of time.
Are All On-the-Job Injuries Covered?
Workers compensation covers the majority of injuries endured on the job, even if the injured employee was technically responsible. However, there are a few instances where workers compensation plans may not apply. For example, if an employee was under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the incident, workers compensation may likely be denied.
Workers compensation policies may also restrict compensation for self-inflicted injuries, injuries that occurred while the employee violated employee conduct, and injuries suffered while an employee was committing a crime.
When you meet with a workers compensation lawyer Queens NY counts on for the first time, try to remember every detail about the incident. The success of a workers compensation claim may be determined by small factors.
What Can a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Queens NY Do?
Although it is possible to file a workers compensation claim by yourself, you may get a better outcome if you hire an experienced workers compensation lawyer Queens NY relies on. Here are some of the benefits of working with a Queens NY workers compensation lawyer:
- Gather Sufficient Evidence: A workers compensation lawyer may help you gather all the necessary evidence you need to prove your case. After reviewing your case, he or she may know what evidence is required to get you fair compensation.
- Negotiate a Fair Settlement: A workers compensation lawyer may likely know the value of your claim and may negotiate with the insurance company to win you a fair settlement.
- Representation at Hearings: Going to your hearing can be very intimidating, especially if your claim was initially denied. An experienced workers compensation lawyer may help you prepare for hearings and may act as your representative during settlement negotiations.
Contact Workers Compensation Lawyers Queens NY Recommends
Workers compensation claims can be complicated and it may be advantageous to hire a lawyer for counsel. If you are still searching for a top workers compensation lawyer Queens NY offers, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.