If you or a family member has been injured while on the job, it is your right to seek legal advice from a workers compensation attorney Long Island recommends. Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. has helped workers for decades. Regardless of how you were injured, or the extent of your injuries, we are here to protect your rights. To schedule a complimentary consultation with a Long Island workers compensation attorney, please call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at (516) 594-0909.
What a Long Island Workers’ Compensation Attorney Can Do for You
A workers compensation attorney Long Island injured workers turn to after an accident can provide legal assistance in many ways. It’s an unfortunate fact that many people are injured on the job every year, and those who work on Long Island are no exception. It’s also an unfortunate fact that not every injured worker receives the compensation they deserve to cover their damages.
Though workers compensation is intended to protect injured workers, the reality is that it often falls short. In some cases, benefits are denied to someone who should be eligible to receive them. In these situations, a workers compensation attorney in Long Island from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. may be able to make a difference. One of our skilled attorneys may be able to accomplish any of the following on your behalf:
- Communicate with your employer’s workers compensation insurance company to determine why your claim was denied, and what must be accomplished for it to be approved.
- Collect and submit the necessary documentation and proof required for the insurance company to approve your workers compensation claim.
- Represent your best interests at your workers compensation hearing.
- Pursue negotiations with the workers compensation insurance company and receive a fair settlement offer for your damages.
- Work with industry and medical experts to provide the proof and testimony needed to persuade the workers compensation insurance company to approve your claim or win a lawsuit.
- Represent you in court if it’s necessary to file a lawsuit after negotiations fail. Litigation may be unavoidable if your work-related injury was caused at least in part by a third party.
Collect Evidence to Support Your Workers Comp Claim
Very often, the reason why a valid workers compensation claim is denied is that there is not enough evidence to support it. This is a common reason why many seek a workers compensation attorney Long Island employees recommend.
Our attorneys have been very successful at resubmitting claims with the evidence needed for an approval. This is understandable because most injured workers do not have experience in forensic accident investigations or jumping through the hoops required when submitting bureaucratic paperwork. A workers compensation attorney Long Island locals choose from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can accomplish the following on your behalf:
- Gather the necessary medical documentation to support your claim that the serious injury you suffered was work-related.
- Call on medical experts whose testimony will reveal the extent of your injury, how it should be treated, and the prognosis for a full recovery. If it’s determined that you will not fully recover, then you may be eligible for permanent disability benefits. Alternately, you may be eligible for temporary permanent disability.
- Vocational experts from our professional network can provide testimony that your job is or is not beyond your physical scope after you have gained maximum recovery post-injury. If you will not be able to return to your job because of lingering effects of your injury, your employer may be required to find you a different position that is suitable for your skills.
- A workers compensation attorney Long Island residents work with from our firm can look into the accident history at your place of employment. If it becomes clear that there is a pattern of unsafe working conditions, this information may helpful in proving the validity of your claim.
- If one of the contributing reasons for your work injury was a lack of proper training, a Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. workers compensation attorney Long Island companies respect can use this to bolster your claim.
The Importance of Workers Comp
In the aftermath of a work accident, it may be nearly impossible to resume your normal day to day activities, let alone your job. For this reason, laws have been put into place that provide most employees with workers compensation. This money is meant to replace the lost income that has resulted from the accident and can give you peace of mind in knowing you can meet your financial obligations. As a result, you will have the opportunity to focus on your recovery and wellbeing.
Unfortunately, even with the laws, getting workers comp can be easier said than done. As a workers compensation attorney Long Island respects, we understand the toll that these injuries can take on a person. For years, we have helped New Yorkers successfully get the workers comp they deserve.
Qualifying Injuries for NY Workers Comp
Not all injuries at work are covered by workers comp laws. In order to be covered by them, your injury must fall into the following:
- You must be an employee of a company mandated for workers compensation coverage;
- The injury or illness occurred because of your job and while performing your job duties;
- You provided your employer with a written notice of the accident within 30 days; and
- A medical report documents the injury or illness and states your job condition/duty caused it.
If any of the above is unclear, you should speak to a workers compensation attorney Long Island residents rely on for sound advice.
Even incidents that clearly should qualify for workers comp can be disputed by an employer or the insurance company. This is not uncommon which is why evidence and the support of medical professionals can be invaluable. The guidance of a workers compensation attorney Long Island respects will also be beneficial to you.
NY Workers Comp Benefits
Under New York law, injured workers may be able to collect a broad range of benefits with the goal of avoiding any financial hardship and helping the individual to return to work. If you can qualify for workers comp, you might be able to receive:
- Payments equivalent of two-thirds of your weekly wage;
- Reduced wages to compensate you for a partial disability;
- Paid medical expenses including therapy;
- Compensation for extremity injuries; and
- Reimbursement for traveling to necessary locations for treatment, grocery shopping, etc.
If you would like a workers compensation attorney Long Island has to offer to further explain these rules, call our firm today.
Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.: Workers Compensation Attorney in Long Island
Don’t let your employer or insurance companies talk you out of getting what you deserve. To speak with a workers compensation attorney Long Island offers, please call (516) 594-0909.