Workers Comp Attorney Queens NY
By the time you’re ready to call a workers comp attorney Queens NY residents recommend, you probably already know that getting hurt at work can cause a radical change in your daily life. You are in pain, you may be unable to go into your job, you have mounting medical bills, you think you may need additional treatment, and on top of it all, you have to worry about whether your workers compensation claim is being handled properly. If that sounds like you or your loved one, call a Queens workers comp attorney from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. Our law firm has been representing people just like you and helping them get a fair shake from their employers (and workers compensation insurance companies) for over 30 years.
You may be saying, “I don’t need an attorney to file a workers compensation claim.” You are right. You can file a workers compensation claim with your employer on your own. However, an experienced, competent workers comp attorney Queens NY has to offer may be able to help you in many important ways, including:
- They Know the Law: Your employer is likely required by New York law to carry workers compensation insurance on some or all of its employees. The workers compensation law of New York not only likely requires employers to cover you in the case of a workplace accident, but also sets out guidelines for employees. This could include rules regarding how you need to file your claim and what kind of compensation you may recover. You can find this information by doing your own research, but there is no replacement for the years of experience of a qualified workers comp attorney Queens NY offers. Attorneys, like those at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., have likely seen cases just like yours. They may know how to file your claim, what kind of proof you will need to substantiate your claim, and what kind of compensation you may be entitled to receive
- They Know How to Advocate: Your employer is probably not your best advocate. Every workplace accident may increase their workers compensation insurance premiums. Your employers’ insurance company is certainly not your advocate, either. They may try to pay as little on your claim as possible as part of their business model. Having a seasoned advocate on your side may be helpful during negotiations or hearings. The attorneys at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. are zealous advocates for our clients and we work hard to make sure our clients get a fair result.
- They Work for You: Filing and pursuing a workers compensation claim can take time away from work, your family, and your recovery. Hiring a workers comp attorney Queens NY can provide may help take the burden from your shoulders during this stressful time. They may be able to help you gather paperwork, file your claim, talk to the insurance carrier and your employer, and generally provide the support you need. You will sleep better knowing that you have a competent and caring workers comp attorney in Queens NY on your side.
What Should I Do If My Workers’ Comp Claim is Denied?
A workers’ compensation denial can leave an accident victim feeling completely hopeless. Victims will probably be left unsure of where they should turn and how they should proceed with their case. In the event that you have been injured in a work related accident, and your claim has been denied, the following are steps you can take to determine if you should continue in pursuit of workers’ compensation:
Step #1 Speak with a Workers Comp Attorney that Queens, NY Trusts
Receiving a denial letter, should immediately prompt to you contact your attorney or, at least consult with one. They will be able to help you outline whether further action should be taken. Working with an workers comp attorney in Queens, NY who has experience in representing workers’ comp cases can make all the difference, especially when tackling the appeals process. It can be challenging to tackle the appeals process on your own. A workers comp attorney in Queens, NY can not only give you peace of mind, but put their skills in this area of practice to good use.
Step #2 Review Your Denial Letter
A denial letter can leave an accident sufferer feeling as though there is no hope in pursuing their case. Many, may even walk away as a result. It’s important before doing this to first review your denial letter with your attorney. They will be key in helping to understand the reasons as to why your claim was denied. In some cases, a denial may have been the result of an administrative error that you were not even aware of. Once you and your Queens, NY workers comp attorney have a better understanding as to the reasons for the denial, you will be able to make an informed decision regarding the best way to proceed.
Step #3 Determine if You Should Appeal
Being initially denied for workers’ compensation doesn’t mean a case is hopeless. Within the denial letter, you will likely receive a timeframe for when you must file an appeal. Appeals processes can vary depending on the state in which you reside and can become complicated very quickly. It’s best to pursue this option with a Queens, NY workers comp attorney by your side.
Common Reasons for Denials
It can be disheartening to receive a denial letter for a workers’ compensation claim. At times, deciphering a workers’ comp denial letter may be difficult to do. Should you choose to represent yourself from the onset, it’s possible that you may have made errors during the initial process. There are a number of reasons that your workers’ compensation claim may have been denied, such as:
- You failed to notify your employer of the injury
- You did not seek medical treatment
- You failed to follow treatment recommendations from you health provider
- You did not submit enough evidence to support your case
- Your employer disagrees with the claim
- You had a pre-existing condition that worsened from the injury
- Your employer does not believe your injury occurred while at work
- You were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Your claim came after you were fired from your job
No accident victim wants to receive a denial letter in the mail. Working with a workers comp attorney Queens, NY can be helpful in managing your case from the start to help to reduce the likelihood that your claim is denied further down the road.
Have you recently received a denial of your workers’ compensation claim? Are you completely confused as to why your claim was denied? No matter the reason for your workers’ compensation denial, speaking with an experienced workers comp attorney Queens, NY trusts may be able to provide you with the support needed to make the necessary decisions regarding your case.
Call or email Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. today to set up an initial consultation about your claim and learn more about what we can do for you. Prioritize getting back on your feet; hire a workers comp attorney Queens NY employees trust to handle workers compensation claims.
“The Polsky,Shouldice and Rosen firm is professional, and knowledgeable.The attorneys all are very thorough. The detail oriented staff,can answer any situation that might evolve. The office staff answers emails, and helps in every possible way. They have patience,and listened to my frustrating issues. I have the greatest confidence in their expertise! I never review,but this is a well deserved review! A Bravo to Annie, the Star of their offices,empathy and kindness,for the client”