Slip and Fall Lawyer Queens NY
When you enter business premises or a private residence, you might expect the owner (or management) to maintain the premises so that the possibility of having an accident, such as a slip and fall, is limited. As a slip and fall lawyer Queens NY residents rely on from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can explain, we believe that when these parties fail to adhere to such a basic duty of care, and an accident happens, they should be held accountable.
If you are the victim of a slip and fall accident, our law firm is ready to listen to what you have to say during a complimentary consultation. When negligence is a factor, we will explain your legal options and rights so you can make an educated decision about what to do next. To speak with a Queens NY slip and fall lawyer, please call our firm or email us using the form on this site.
The Responsibility of Maintaining Premises
Slip and falls are one of the most common types of personal injuries. Most of these accidents were entirely preventable but happened because of a lack of duty of care, known as negligence, on part of the property owner or management. Examples of negligence include:
- Failing to maintain the premises; for instance, not repairing uneven surfaces.
- Failing to notify visitors of potential hazards; for instance not posting a sign warning people of a wet floor.
- The property owner was aware of a hazardous or unsafe condition but failed to take necessary actions against preventing an accident.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall
As a Queens NY slip and fall lawyer, we have handled many cases in which the conditions which led up to the accident were temporary, or that involved the owner making a poor attempt in covering up the scene of the accident to avoid legal repercussions. Following a slip and fall, it is recommended you
- Photograph the scene to protect you from tampered evidence or expedited repairs.
- Get medical treatment, and make sure to report all of your pain.
- Obtain the contact details of any witnesses who were present.
- Report the accident to the premises owner. You should avoid going into detail, but rather let them know you were injured.
- Talk with a slip and fall lawyer in Queens NY before answering questions or giving statements to any party.
Compensation for a Slip and Fall
When you have a legal claim, you will almost certainly be able to recover monetary compensation for your medical treatment, lost wages, any out of pocket expenses, pain, and suffering. A lawyer might also seek other types of compensation including noneconomic damages and punitive damages.
An experienced Queens NY slip and fall lawyer will have access to medical expert witnesses, accident reconstruction specialists, social workers, economists, and other professionals who may be able to assist us in building your case. As a result, we are able to seek maximum compensation.
To begin the process of a slip and fall claim or lawsuit, call a slip and fall lawyer Queen NY clients recommend from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
“I used Mark Polsky and his team to help with my worker’s comp case. He and his team are professional and were always looking out for my best interests. They were always available to answer any questions I had, and checked in on me frequently to see how I was feeling, and provided me with updates on my case. I highly recommend them.”