Choose A Leading New York Work Injury Attorney
Each work injury attorney at take the rights of New York workers seriously and work zealously to recover maximum benefits after being injured on the job.
For decades we have been aggressively fighting back when insurance companies are denying workers of their rightful accident benefits. Regardless of what happened, if you have been injured on the job, you should call a work injury attorney to ensure you get the benefits you are rightfully entitled to.
How Workers Compensation Helps in Work-Related Injuries
If you have been injured while working and your injuries were the result of negligence on the part of your employer, a co-worker, or another related party, you may be entitled to workers compensation under state law. Although every state has its own laws, you generally will be able to recover three main benefits:
Lost Time – You may receive a portion of your weekly wage or salary as long as a licensed medical doctor deems you as temporarily or permanently disabled.
Medical Costs – In general your employer will be responsible for covering your medical care related to the injury.
Lump Sum Payment – If you are permanently disabled, you may recover a lump sum payment.
Regardless of who is responsible for causing your injury, yourself included, these benefits are statutory and apply to any situation. That being said, although they appear relatively simple, there is ample room for interpretation. This can lead to your employer or their insurance company to delay or deny your claim. This is why you should always consult a work injury attorney.
Statute of Limitations to File a New York Workers Compensation Claim
By law, you must file a workers compensation claim within a period of time. Failing to do so can bar you from recovering monetary compensation. The statute of limitation varies by state and includes exceptions. It will be a good idea to confirm them with a work injury attorney to learn what deadlines apply to your own situation.
The Importance of Retaining a New York Work Injury Attorney
You can technically file a workers compensation claim on your own. In fact, if employers had it their way, this would be the only available option. Unless your claim is very simple and to the point, you should consider having a work injury attorney help you with the process. As easy as it is meant to be, this process is rife with deadlines and formalities. Any error made could result in a delay or a denial in which case you will need to file an appeal. This will only slow down the process and keep you from getting the money you need to cover your medical and living expenses while you are not working.
Our work injury attorney handles workers compensation claims on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not have to pay us anything up front. Only if we win your case will a percentage be deducted from the amount. Rest assured, we seek maximum compensation which is typically much more than what you would get without a lawyer.
For a free and confidential consultation with a New York work injury attorney, please call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
Work Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been hurt at work, you may want to consult a New York work injury attorney. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress and other damages. A lawyer from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can help you bring a workers’ compensation claim.
Here are some important things to know about work injury attorneys.
- A work injury attorney is a type of lawyer who specializes in helping employees who have been hurt on the job receive fair compensation.
- A work injury attorney is there to help injured workers understand their legal rights and guide them through the complex process of filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Work injuries can be quite severe and result in expensive medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A work injury attorney can help injured workers obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
- It is crucial to choose the right lawyer to handle your workers’ compensation case. A good attorney will have experience dealing with similar cases and a track record of success in representing injured workers.
- When searching for an attorney, select one who offers free initial consultations. Then, you can discuss your case in detail without any risks.
- Many work injury attorneys may work on a contingency fee basis, so they only get paid if the injured worker receives compensation for their injuries.
- A New York work injury attorney can help injured workers understand the different benefits they are entitled to, including medical benefits, lost wages, and disability benefits.
- Besides helping injured workers file claims for workers’ compensation benefits or pursue personal injury lawsuits, a work injury attorney can also negotiate with insurance companies. If your first claim gets denied, your attorney can help you appeal it.
- A work injury attorney can also guide and support you throughout the entire legal process. They can help you make good decisions and make sure that their rights are protected.
- It is important for injured workers to file their workers’ compensation claim in a timely manner. There are strict time limits for filing workers’ compensation claims and personal injury lawsuits, and waiting too long can be detrimental to your case.
- In addition to representing injured workers, a work injury attorney may also work with labor unions or other advocacy organizations to improve workplace safety and prevent future work injuries.
- A work injury attorney can also provide guidance and support to employers, helping them understand their legal obligations to provide a safe workplace and prevent work injuries.
If you have been hurt while working, it is essential to have a New York work injury attorney on your side. An attorney from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can provide legal guidance and support throughout the legal process. Your attorney can inform you of your rights, guide you through the complex legal system, and improve your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you can have peace of mind.
“I used Mark Polsky and his team to help with my worker’s comp case. He and his team are professional and were always looking out for my best interests. They were always available to answer any questions I had, and checked in on me frequently to see how I was feeling, and provided me with updates on my case. I highly recommend them.”