Workers Comp Lawyer Queens NY
When individuals seek legal counsel from a workers comp lawyer Queens NY residents trust from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., they can feel confident they’re receiving compassionate and informed advice.
The attorneys at our firm have been practicing workers compensation law and representing injured workers in New York for over 25 years. If you have been hurt at work in the New York metro area, contact us today. The competent and experienced staff at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can help you schedule your initial consultation with a workers comp lawyer Queens NY employees depend on.
Why should I consult with a Queens workers comp lawyer if I’ve been hurt at work?
Most employers are required by law to carrier workers compensation insurance for their employees. Workers compensation insurance is designed to pay workers when they have been injured on the job. Just like many insurance companies, the workers compensation insurance carrier probably isn’t your best advocate. As part of their business model, they’ll likely try to pay as little as possible on your workers compensation claim.
Likewise, your employer might not be your best advocate. Some employers resist submitting claims to the workers compensation carrier, or want to downplay an employee’s injury, to avoid a raise in their premiums. Even if you don’t experience this behavior from the workers compensation carrier or your employer, it is good to have someone who is clearly in your corner. That’s where a workers comp lawyer Queens NY offers comes in.
What kind of things may Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. be able to do for me?
Depending on the facts and circumstances of your claim, Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. may be able to help you fill out any paperwork necessary to file your workers compensation claim. A workers comp lawyer in Queens NY from our firm may also help you gather evidence that you need to support your workers compensation claim, and if necessary, advocate on your side for the benefits that you deserve. These benefits could include:
- Reimbursement of medical bills, including bills for prescription medication, follow-up care, and physical therapy related to the injury
- Lost wages if you missed work due to your injury
- Payments for job retraining, if it is necessary for you to return to work
- A lump sum payment for any permanent disability suffered as a result of the workplace injury
In addition to using their skills and expertise to advocate for a fair payment on your workers compensation claim, a workers comp lawyer Queens NY can provide may also help relieve the stress and burden of filing and fighting for your claim. Let Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. handle your claim while you focus on what is really important: recovering.
Call our firm today to schedule your initial consultation and review your claim with a member of our professional and courteous staff. In the meantime, remember the three “T’s” for what to do after you’ve been hurt at work:
- Treatment: After you’ve been hurt, seek any necessary medical care right away, first thing.
- Tell your employer: As soon as you are able, tell your employer about your injury. You must notify your employer within a certain time period, or you risk losing your right to workers compensation benefits.
- Talk to an attorney: Considering talking to an experienced attorney before you talk to your employer’s workers compensation carrier. Knowing your rights and what to expect during the workers compensation process can be a great relief and put you back in control of a potentially devastating experience.
To speak with a trusted workers comp lawyer Queens NY has to offer, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. today.
“A year and a half ago I was referred to Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen, P.C I was told to contact Adam Rosen and not to worry because I would be treated like family. Those words were absolutely true. I received an incredibly warm welcome and immediately had any concerns put at ease. I received a fair, honest and transparent view of my case. To have a question answered is simply a phone call away and knowing that I wasn’t just a number put my mind at ease throughout this entire process. I would absolutely recommend this group to everyone.”