5 Ways to Improve Your Chances of a Successful Workers Compensation Claim
Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.: Workers Compensation Attorneys Queens NY Appreciates
If you sustained a serious injury while at work, experienced workers compensation attorneys in Queens NY will probably tell you that it’s best if your claim is approved the first time. Otherwise, you might have to pay for medical expenses out of your own pocket, and you might have to call in sick without pay until you recover. That’s a double whammy. Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. to schedule a complimentary consultation with a knowledgeable workers compensation lawyer from our firm.
We have extensive experience handling claims for injured workers. We also have an outstanding record of success in gaining the maximum amount of compensation possible for our clients. This is because of our years of experience and because we have a thorough understanding of employment law and workers compensation. Here are five suggestions we have that can improve your chances of getting your claim approved the first time. However, one of our workers compensation attorneys in Queens NY will be happy to handle the claims process for you, even if your claim was initially denied.
1. Get medical attention for your injury. Request copies of all of the doctor’s notes and your medical receipts in order to include them in your claim. This can go a long ways toward proving that your injury is valid.
2. Notify your employer or supervisor that you sustained a workplace injury and how it happened. Take notes about what date and time you notified them, what you told them, and their responses. Later, if they accuse you of not having notified them, you can counter with your documentation.
3. As soon as possible, talk to anyone who witnessed your workplace accident. Ask them to write in their own words what they saw in terms of how the accident happened and any other relevant information. Ideally, get their testimony on video as well. Using your cell phone to record it should be fine, as long as the video and audio are clear.
4. Take photos if possible of your workplace where the accident occurred. If you’re unable to do this, request a coworker to do this on your behalf. It’s important to get as many images of the hazardous condition or details relevant to your accident, and to do this before your employer removes the hazard. It’s possible that they could claim the hazardous condition never existed, and so having visual proof can greatly enhance the strength of your workers compensation claim.
5. Hire a law firm whose Queens workers comp lawyers have a good track record of negotiating settlements for their clients. Your lawyer can review your case, examine your documentation and paperwork, and provide guidance as to strengthening your claim. If needed, one of our Queens workers comp lawyers can refer you to a trusted physician who can provide a second opinion as to your condition. This is important because your employer’s workers compensation carrier will probably require that you see one of their doctors. Their doctor is not necessarily going to provide an objective opinion as to the extent of your injury or how you might have sustained it. The doctor could claim your injury isn’t serious, or that it’s not possible that you were injured in that way at work.
Call Workers Compensation Attorneys Queens NY Respects
If you would like to maximize your chances of approval for your workers compensation claim, call our office today and request a free phone consultation with one of our skilled workers compensation attorneys in Queens NY.