If you believe you may need a workers comp lawyer Brooklyn offers, at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. we have helped thousands of injured workers receive the compensation benefits they deserved. Contact us to arrange a free and confidential consultation. We can review your case and clarify what your legal options are and how we may be of assistance.
The Object of Workers Compensation
When workers are hurt on the job and as a result are unable to return to work, they have the right to file a claim for benefits. The benefits should replace a percentage of their regular paycheck, and coverage of their resulting medical bills. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work this way, and it may require the help of a Brooklyn workers comp lawyer to get the benefits that you deserve.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
As a workers comp lawyer Brooklyn victims turn to from our firm can tell you, many workers are injured every year, and some of them very seriously. Occasionally, workers die on the job due to workplace accidents. With decades of experience, our attorneys have seen a wide range of workers comp cases. Regardless of how you were injured, we encourage you to call our office for a free consultation. Some of the more common workers comp injuries include these:
- Illness from exposure to toxic substances including asbestos which can result in mesothelioma.
- Broken bones, muscular injuries, herniated disks, torn rotator cuffs or ligaments.
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions.
- Hearing loss and damage to the ear, temporary as well as permanent, partial as well as complete hearing loss.
- Repetitive motion or tendonitis injuries.
- Burn injuries in addition to cold and heat stress.
- Spinal cord, neck, and back injuries.
- Respiratory organs.
- Knees, hips, eyes, shoulder, and extremities.
Eligibility for Filing a Workers Compensation Claim
A workers comp lawyer in Brooklyn can determine whether or not you are eligible for workers compensation benefits. Eligibility is based on several factors including:
- The state in which you are an employee.
- If you are a federal government employee, you will not be eligible for state sponsored workers compensation benefits.
Be Aware of Time Restraints and Deadlines
One of the most important reasons to work with a workers comp lawyer Brooklyn locals recommend is to make sure your claim and follow up paperwork is submitted before deadlines expire. You must file notice to your employer that you sustained the injury on the job within a certain amount of time. This can vary depending on the circumstances so consult with an attorney from our firm as soon as possible. A workers comp lawyer Brooklyn residents rely on can make your claim is not denied because your documentation was submitted after the deadline.
Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
If you’re in need of workers compensation benefits, don’t chance a permanent denial. Talk to an attorney from our firm who can provide you with the guidance you need to move forward. For a workers comp lawyer Brooklyn can count on, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at (516) 594-0909.