If you were injured on the job but are reluctant to talk to workers comp lawyers Long Island offers, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. Our legal firm of top-notch workers comp lawyers in Long Island may allay your concerns and help you collect the compensation you deserve. A serious injury may leave you unable to work and faced with staggering medical bills. This isn’t necessary. Call us for a free consultation.
Many injured workers are afraid to call a lawyer for one reason or another. Their concerns are often unfounded, so let’s review the most common, one by one.
- I’m afraid I’ll lose my job if I call a lawyer. Workers compensation insurance is designed to pay injured workers for their damages while also protecting employers from lawsuits.
- If an employer fires an employee because they got injured, they are more likely to be sued.
- If an employee seeks legal advice regarding their work injury, the employer is even less likely to fire them. Having workers comp lawyers Long Island provides on your side, you may be even more protected than without an attorney.
- All I care about is getting my medical bills paid. One thing that separates workers compensation from civil lawsuits is that you don’t have to wait for payments or for a settlement to be negotiated. For as long as you need workers compensation insurance payments to cover your work related medical costs and lost wages, you should receive it. Long Island workers comp lawyers from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. may ensure you get every penny to which you are entitled, and that could mean receiving payments even after you’ve returned to work.
- I don’t want to take my company to court. Unless your boss or company hurt you intentionally, you can’t sue them. That is one of their protections under the workers compensation insurance program. Workers comp lawyers Long Island injured employees hire may help make sure you get the payments and benefits you deserve, and in a timely manner. The legal team at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. are here to make sure your rights are protected.
- I don’t have money for a lawyer. At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., we provide injured workers with a free case review. After that review, one of our attorneys may suggest that you don’t need legal representation, or you may decide on your own that you don’t need a lawyer. If you do wish to have an experienced attorney to protect your rights and we accept your case, we will only take a reasonable percentage of your workers compensation benefits and only after we have won your case. If we don’t win, we don’t charge you. We’re proud of our reputation as workers comp lawyers Long Island workers recommend.
If you think you may need a lawyer but are reluctant to reach out, call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We will be happy to review your case at no charge and give you an honest assessment as to whether or not you may benefit from working with one of the top workers comp lawyers Long Island has to offer.