Queens NY Construction Accident Lawyer
If you were injured on a construction site, you should consult a Queens NY construction accident lawyer. Construction is considered one of the most dangerous jobs out there, putting workers at risk of life-threatening injuries. A lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit and improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Construction workers are always surrounded by various tools, machinery and building materials, putting them at risk of accidents at any given moment. Here are the most common types of construction accidents:
- Falling from Heights: Construction workers often have to work in elevated heights, putting them at risk of falls. If they make one wrong move, they’re in danger of suffering a fall. Falls can result in severe injuries, like amputations, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and burns. Workers can reduce the risk of falls by using proper safety equipment, like guardrails and covers.
- Falling Objects: As a Queens NY construction accident lawyer can confirm, construction workers are also at risk of getting hit by falling objects, like heavy tools and debris, and suffering serious head injuries. An effective way to protect themselves against falling objects is to wear hard hats.
- Machine Entanglement: There is a lot of heavy machinery on construction sites and not all of them may be secured properly. This puts workers at risk of getting caught between machinery and a structure that has collapsed, which can lead to the body being squeezed or crushed.
- Electrocutions: With exposed wires and power lines on construction sites, workers are at risk of getting electrocuted. Electrocution can result in burns, shock or even death. It’s important for construction companies to make sure no live wires are unattended to cut the risk of electrocutions.
- Getting Hit By Vehicles: Several types of vehicles are commonly found on construction sites, including trucks, cranes and bulldozers, and workers may be in danger of getting struck by them. Getting hit by vehicles can result in head injuries, broken bones and other serious injuries. Construction workers should always be aware of their surroundings to reduce the risk of getting struck by these vehicles.
- Overexertion: Construction workers often have to work long hours and lift heavy items, putting them at risk of injuries that relate to overexertion and strain. To minimize the risk overexertion, workers should be properly trained in safe lifting and handling techniques.
Hiring a Construction Accident Lawyer
A construction accident can cause serious injuries, which can lead to astronomical medical bills. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced construction accident lawyer as soon as possible. He or she can help you gather necessary evidence and negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
If you were in a construction accident, schedule a consultation with a Queens NY construction accident lawyer at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. now.