On The Job Injury Attorney, The Bronx
If you are the victim in a workplace injury, you need the help of an on the job injury attorney in the Bronx from Polsky, Shouldice, & Rosen, P.C. When a terrible accident occurs in the workplace, tensions between employer and employee can build. Even though workers’ compensation programs don’t really focus on who was at-fault per say, things can inevitably become awkward. Not only can the dynamic become uncomfortable, but an employer may actually retaliate or mishandle the worker’s claim. Anyone who is pursuing a workers’ compensation claim can benefit from talking with a Bronx on the job injury attorney. We can help you get the amount you need to overcome the workplace incident, while seeing that you are not being mistreated along the way.
Being Informed About State Laws
The laws pertaining to workers’ compensation benefits can vary, so it is crucial that you don’t browse the internet looking for information from just any source. Please meet with a legal professional who is knowledgeable in worker’s injury cases for correct insight. There are some state laws that help protect employees as they apply for and receive workers’ compensation benefits. An on the job injury attorney in the Bronx in New York can also oversee the process to ensure your employer is not in violation of these state protections.
How an Attorney Can Help
Without having legal representation, an employee may not even realize something isn’t right in how their workers’ compensation claim is being handled. An employer may intentionally file the paperwork late or otherwise do something to cause a denial. Employers may be more or less obvious when it comes to unlawful behavior. If any of these following factors are true for your situation, please contact your attorney immediately:
- Your injuries were severe enough to necessitate surgery or other procedures.
- Your injuries were moderate to life-threatening.
- The injury was so severe that you may not be able to recover fully and need to pursue permanent partial disability.
- You feel as though you can’t return back to your original workplace, but are confident you could work in some capacity elsewhere.
- You want to dispute an action taken on behalf of your employer or by the employer’s insurance company regarding the compensation claim.
- You were denied medical benefits.
- Your employer has retaliated against you in some way for either reporting the accident, applying for workers benefits, and/or receiving benefits.
Seek Legal Help From an On The Job Injury Attorney in The Bronx
An employee who is having trouble with their workers’ compensation claim, may want to talk with an attorney as soon as possible. The employee may feel they aren’t getting the amount they need to cover all expenses related to the injury, or they may worry that they are enduring employer retaliation and a hostile work environment. Sadly, an employer may try to fire or seek revenge against an employee for using workers’ compensation benefits.
An attorney at Polsky, Shouldice, & Rosen, P.C. can evaluate your situation to determine whether you are entitled to more benefits than you are currently getting, and if your employer has violated state laws. It is highly encouraged that an injury worker seeks help from a legal professional, before the first signs of trouble. We encourage you to contact an on the job injury attorney in the Bronx today.