Construction Accident Lawyer Rockville Centre
Ways to Prevent Construction Site Accidents
A construction accident lawyer Rockville Centre clients trust knows that accidents at construction sites happen on a daily basis and they can result in some serious injuries, like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
Each Rockville Centre construction accident lawyer from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. has represented many clients who have been injured at construction sites. To reduce the risk of these accidents, it’s important to be extra cautious when working around a construction site. Here are some ways to prevent construction site accidents:
Always Be Aware of Your Surroundings
A construction accident lawyer Rockville Centre families count on knows there are many hazards around a construction site, like electrical wiring and falling debris. That’s why it is critical to be aware of your surroundings at all times. If you are not paying attention, you could get hit by an object or get electrocuted by stepping on electrical wiring.
Inform Your Employer About Dangerous Working Conditions
If you notice a hazard at your construction site, like broken machinery, you should let your employer know right away. This way, they can get it fixed and prevent anyone from getting injured. If your employer does not do anything about the dangerous condition, you should contact the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and let them know. If you are injured, contact a construction accident lawyer Rockville Centre workers recommend.
Wear Safety Gear
If you work at a construction site, you should never underestimate the importance of safety gear. It could potentially save your life. Make sure to always wear the suggested safety gear, like safety goggles, a hat, and gloves.
Take Regular Breaks
Construction work is hard work, so it is important to take breaks during your shift to rest and refuel. If you attempt to work without any breaks, your body can get fatigued, increasing your risk of getting into an accident.
Wear Reflective Clothing
Construction sites are often next to busy roads. If drivers are speeding or not paying attention, they can hit you with their vehicles. That’s why it is a wise idea to wear reflective clothes when you are working at a construction site. You will be more visible to cars, reducing your chances of getting hit.
Don’t Operate Equipment You’re Not Trained to Use
Many construction site accidents occur when workers attempt to operate equipment they’re not trained to use. Even if you think a machine looks like it is easy to operate, you shouldn’t try to use it until you’ve been properly trained.
Put Away Tools When You’re Done with Them
Slip and fall accidents on construction sites are quite common. One way to reduce the likelihood of these types of accidents is to always put your tools away when you’re finished using them. This way, no one can accidentally trip on these tools and get hurt.
Let a Construction Accident Lawyer Rockville Centre Victims Call Help You
If you were hurt in a construction site accident, you deserve to talk to a construction accident lawyer in Rockville Centre from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. We may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. If you would like to set up a free consultation with a construction accident lawyer Rockville Centre provides, we encourage you to call us at (718) 875-0909.
Myths About Construction Site Safety
Construction sites can be quite dangerous if proper safety precautions are not taken. Unfortunately, there are several misconceptions about construction site safety that can result in dangerous work practices. Here are some common construction safety myths a construction accident lawyer Rockville Centre residents trusts hears:
- Personal Protective Equipment Is Enough to Protect Construction Workers: Although it is important for construction workers to always wear hard hats and other safety equipment, it will not guarantee that accidents won’t happen. Protection equipment should be used in conjunction with machine guards and safe working practices. For instance, hard hats can reduce the risk of head injuries if workers are hit by tools or materials that come off a scaffold. However, if debris nets are installed on the scaffold, these accidents will not happen in the first place.
- Construction Workers Only Need Safety Training When They’re New: It is a myth that safety training solely for new hires. In reality, workers should continue to receive safety training to help reinforce the lessons they have learned. They may forget some of the safety information they were taught in the past and need a refresher every now and again.
- Only Safety Managers Are Responsible for Safety: Safety managers definitely play an important role in improving safety on construction sites. However, as a construction accident lawyer in Rockville Centre can confirm, they can’t be everywhere making sure construction workers are following safety rules. Everyone in the workplace is responsible for ensuring the construction site is safe. Workers should always be aware of their surroundings and report safety hazards immediately.
- Following OSHA Standards Guarantee Safety: It is of course important for all construction companies to follow OSHA safety standards. However, these standards are just the bare minimum of what these companies have to do to prevent accidents. They should also look for ways to improve their safety programs for their workers.
- Disciplinary Action is Key to Enforcing Safety Rules: Although it’s important to take disciplinary action against employees who do not follow safety rules, it can’t be relied on as the sole remedy for enforcing safety guidelines. Supervisors are unable to constantly monitor employees and ensure they are following safety rules. That is why proper hiring and training must be implemented.
What to Do If You Were Injured on a Construction Site
Even if you follow all of the safety rules, accidents can still sometimes happen. If you were recently hurt on a construction site, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to talk to a construction accident lawyer in Rockville Centre about your options as soon as possible. He or she will help you bring a claim against your employer and ensure your legal rights are protected.
“I used Mark Polsky and his team to help with my worker’s comp case. He and his team are professional and were always looking out for my best interests. They were always available to answer any questions I had, and checked in on me frequently to see how I was feeling, and provided me with updates on my case. I highly recommend them.”