Urgent Message: PSR's Rockville Centre Office Is Now Open For In-Office Appointments. Click To Read More.

Slip & Fall lawyer Queens, NY Slip & Fall lawyer Queens, NY


Our Slip & Fall lawyer in Queens, New York at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. have successfully represented many members of the Queens community over the years, and secured substantial compensation for their injury damages. If you were injured through no fault of your own because of a negligent property owner, call us without delay. If the property owner has already offered you a settlement, do not agree to it before consulting with us.

After a brief review of your case, we can tell you if our firm may be able to negotiate a larger settlement than what was offered to you. This is very often the case because insurance companies and store owners often wish to settle the matter before the victim hires a Slip & Fall lawyer in Queens, and presses for more compensation.

What is a slip and fall injury claim?

A slip and fall claim is a petition for compensation to offset the victim’s injury-related costs. Some victims opt to file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company on their own but they are vulnerable to being taken advantage of by the carrier. Additionally, the property owner may deny that they are responsible for the accident that injured the victim. Another common scenario is one in which the insurance carrier delays in settling the claim, and draws it out for months or years in the most serious cases.

Their motivation is to avoid paying out claims, and the larger the claim, the more likely they will use this tactic. It’s an approach that our NY Slip & Fall lawyer in Queens sees on a regular basis. If any of these scenarios describes your situation, it’s important to contact us at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. It’s very possible that we can speed up the process of you receiving compensation and even potentially get you far more compensation than you expected.

What if my slip and fall injury claim is denied?

It’s not unusual for a valid slip and fall injury claim to be denied and this again speaks to the insurance company’s reluctance to pay compensation to the victim. The carrier may use empty reasons for their denial or they may require additional documentation or proof that the victim may not know how to acquire. When an insurance company denies a valid claim without any reasonable explanation, a Queens Slip & Fall lawyer in NY can step in and make it clear that the company has a legal requirement to act in good faith and honor the claim.

Should they continue to deny compensation, we can provide assistance in pursuing a lawsuit against the insurance carrier. If the carrier requires additional proof or information about the injury before they will compensate the victim, we can turn to our network of medical experts to provide testimony, examination and diagnostic test results.

To learn how a Queens, NY Slip & Fall lawyer at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can make a difference in the resolution of your injury claim, call us today.

What are some common examples of slip and fall accidents?

Many slip and fall accidents do not result in any ill effects; others result in significant injuries and require the help of a Queens, NY slip and fall lawyer to recover one’s damages. Without a legal professional by their side, it is easy to be taken advantage of by the responsible party and their insurance company. Despite sustaining a serious injury through no fault of your own, the liable person or company may refuse to reimburse you for your losses or else offer only a small settlement that leaves you many bills to pay on your own. 

Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. represents injury victims in Queens, NY who were hurt in slip and fall and other types of accidents. Since 1991, our slip and fall lawyers have aggressively fought for the rights of victims in our city. We have won significant settlements on behalf of our clients who otherwise might have had their claim denied. 

When can someone file a slip and fall accident claim?

A significant number of slip and fall incidents occur in the home and there is no one to blame because they are simply accidents. When this type of accident happens, the individual may be able to rely on their health insurance or homeowners insurance to cover their accident costs.

When a slip and fall accident occurs that leaves you injured and you were on another party’s property, they might be liable for your damages under certain circumstances. A Queens, NY slip and fall lawyer can review your case to determine if it has merit. To be eligible for filing a slip and fall injury claim with a party’s insurance company, certain criteria must be met, including the following:

  •         Your injury is significant.
  •         Your slip and fall accident occurred on property owned by a party other than yourself.
  •         Your slip and fall accident was a direct result of negligence or carelessness of that property owner or another party.

What are common examples of a slip and fall accident injury?

Virtually any injury that results from a slip and fall accident will qualify. However, when it comes to eligibility for filing an injury claim against another party, not all accidents fall into this category. Ultimately, your best bet may be to have a slip and fall lawyer in Queens, NY from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. examine your case to determine if you can file a claim against the at-fault party. Here are some common examples of what may be considered valid claims:

  •         While shopping in a store, loose or broken floor tiles cause an individual to trip and fall onto the floor, leading to a serious injury.
  •         When climbing or descending stairs, a broken step or railing causes an individual to trip and fall down the stairs, leading to a serious or fatal injury.
  •         While using an escalator, it malfunctions and the individual loses their balance and falls down the escalator, leading to a serious or fatal injury.

To discuss your case with an experienced slip and fall lawyer Queens, NY clients recommend, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. today.