Urgent Message: PSR's Rockville Centre Office Is Now Open For In-Office Appointments. Click To Read More.

Queens NY Work Injury Attorney Queens NY Work Injury Attorney

If you got hurt at your job, a Queens NY work injury attorney may be able to help. Getting injured on the job isn’t something you expect and can be quite overwhelming. A qualified attorney can help you obtain the compensation you deserve and protect your legal rights.

What to Do After You’ve Been in a Work Accident

After you’ve been injured in an accident at work, it’s normal to be in shock. However, in order to receive the workers’ compensation you’re entitled to, it’s necessary to take quick action. Here are the steps you should follow after getting injured.

  • Tell Your Employer Immediately: It’s important to inform your boss about the work accident as soon as it happens. In the state of New York, you have just 30 days to report an injury to an employer. Once that time has passed, you may no longer be eligible for compensation. When you tell your employer about the accident, be sure to mention where and how it occurred. They will then file the workers’ compensation claim on your behalf.
  • See a Doctor: Even if your injury seems fairly minor right now, you should still see a doctor right away. Some injuries get worse over time and you don’t want to put your health at risk. Plus, if you wait too long to seek treatment, your employer’s insurance company may argue that you aren’t as hurt as you claim to be. Keep in mind that your employer may require to see a certain doctor initially. However, if you’re not satisfied with the doctor, you may be able to choose your own physician.
  • Follow Your Doctor’s Instructions: After your doctor diagnoses your injury, he or she will determine the appropriate treatment plan. For instance, if you suffered a whiplash injury, your doctor may advise you to go to physical therapy. It’s important to take your doctor’s instructions seriously and follow through on them. Don’t skip appointments just because you’re starting to feel better. You could jeopardize both your health and settlement.
  • Talk to a Lawyer: While straightforward workers’ compensation cases may not require legal assistance, other cases may need a lawyer. If your case has any complexities, it may be necessary to hire a Queens NY work injury attorney. For instance, if your employer has retaliated against you for filing a claim, you need legal assistance.

Schedule a consultation with a Queens NY work injury attorney at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. today.