Work Comp Law Firm New York
If you suffered an injury at work, you should consult a work comp law firm New York residents trust. While most employers do their best to keep the workplace safe, accidents can still happen. If you got hurt on the job, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim.
Common Types of Workplace Injuries
When most people go to their jobs, they likely don’t think about the possibility of getting injured. Unfortunately, however, workplace accidents happen every day. Here are some of the most common types of workplace injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and falls make up a large percentage of workplace injuries. They can occur due to liquid spills, poor lighting, loose rugs and clutter. When employees slip and fall in the workplace, they can endure head injuries, broken bones, neck injuries and other serious injuries.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees who are required to drive a vehicle on the job are in danger of getting into collisions if they are not careful. They can suffer severe injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, burns and back injuries, if they get into a collision. Employees should drive defensively and follow all traffic laws to minimize the risk of accidents.
- Machine Entanglement: Machines in factories can definitely make it easier and faster to get the job done. However, as a work comp law firm in New York can confirm, if they’re not properly maintained or used incorrectly, they can cause debilitating injuries, like severed fingers and crushed arms. Employees should be properly trained before operating heavy machinery and wear the appropriate clothing.
- Falling Objects: Employees can suffer serious injuries if they are hit by falling objects in the workplace. Unfortunately, this is not just an issue in warehouses. Objects can also fall from shelves in office environments and hit employees on the head.
- Workplace Violence: When employees get into heated arguments with one another during work, physical fights can break out. Workplace violence can result in serious injuries, like broken bones, head injuries and cut and lacerations. Businesses should have zero tolerance for workplace violence to minimize these types of incidents.
- Falling from Heights: These types of workplace accidents can occur on elevated areas, like roofs and ladders, and result in severe injuries, like head injuries. These accidents can be minimized if employees wear proper protective gear and are properly trained.
What to Do If You Suffered an Injury at Work
If you suffered a serious injury in the workplace, you should speak to a workers comp lawyer New York residents count on. He or she can help you file a timely claim and ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you need assistance filing a workers comp claim, you should schedule a consultation with a work comp law firm in New York today.