Is a Lawyer Necessary to get Workers’ Compensation?
If you’ve been seriously injured on the job, you may benefit from speaking with workers’ compensation lawyers Queens, NY trusts from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. A free consultation could help you decide if you need an attorney.
For many people, hiring Queens workers’ compensation lawyers has been beneficial when filing a claim or lawsuit. This article could help you decide if it’s time to call some experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Queens, NY from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
When to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If any of the following apply to your workplace injury, consider contacting workers’ compensation lawyers Queens, NY injury victims recommend:
- You needed or will need surgery for your workplace injury.
- You needed or will need extensive physical rehabilitation to treat your workplace injury.
- Your physical health may never improve enough to equal your pre-accident condition. In other words, the workplace injury you suffered is a permanent injury.
- Your workplace injury has resulted in permanent chronic pain.
- Your workplace injury has resulted in post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD).
- You will never be able to return to your job because of your injury, or you can only return on a part-time basis.
- You believe you were unfairly denied workers’ compensation by your employer, their insurance company, or the state’s workers’ compensation division.
- You believe you should receive more benefits or different benefits than what you are currently receiving for your workplace injury.
- You do not feel confident in representing yourself when filing or refiling your workers’ compensation claim or lawsuit.
If your first claim was denied, workers’ compensation lawyers Queens, NY employees recommend may review your claim. If an attorney from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. refiles your claim, every effort may be made to address the reason(s) why it was rejected the first time.
When an Attorney is Not Always Necessary
Not every workers’ compensation claim requires a workers’ comp attorney’s assistance. When in doubt, you are welcome to make an appointment at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. for a free case review. Most trustworthy workers’ compensation lawyers Queens, NY provides may not charge for an initial consultation. However, if all of the following are true, you might file a workers’ compensation claim on your own without a lawyer:
- Your workplace injury is minor so you expect to return to work full time after only a few days or weeks.
- Your workplace injury is not permanent and you anticipate making a full recovery.
- You anticipate returning to the same job you had when you experienced your injury.
Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.
If you have concerns about receiving the benefits you deserve for your workplace injury, contact us immediately. One of our attorneys can review your case at no cost to you. These initial case evaluations are always free, even if a potential client ends up not needing legal assistance from our firm. Contact us today. We are proud to say that we have workers’ compensation lawyers Queens, NY injury victims can call first.