Do You Need Workers Comp Attorneys NY Offers?
When you’re hurt on the job, one of the first things you probably want to know is if you need to hire workers comp attorneys NY workers trust to help you with your claim. That’s understandable because workers compensation can be a difficult process and you want to put your best foot forward in order to increase your chances of being compensated. Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. for your free case evaluation today at 718-804-5836.
Sometimes You Can Represent Yourself
While any workers comp attorneys NY offers may likely advise you to not represent yourself in any workers compensation cases, there are some situations when you may be okay to do so. Please keep in mind that this is something that our workers comp attorneys in NY might not recommend in complex cases.
You may be able to represent yourself if:
- Your workplace injury was very minor
- Your workplace injury required you to miss little to no work
- Your employer acknowledges that your injury happened at work
- You don’t have any pre-existing conditions
Even if all of the above conditions are true, you may still want to get a free case evaluation to get some honest legal advice about your case. You can ask the NY workers comp attorneys you speak with if you could handle your case alone or if you really should hire a lawyer.
Don’t Represent Yourself in These Situations
While hiring workers comp attorneys NY residents rely on might not be the first thing you want to do, in some situations, early action could be very beneficial. Workers compensation cases can be tricky and you might end up hurting your case if you don’t have proper legal counsel.
You may need legal counsel if:
- You don’t receive your benefits promptly.
- Your employer denies your claim.
- The settlement offer you receive won’t cover your lost wages and medical bills.
- Your injury prevents you from resuming your job or working at all (partial or permanent disability).
- You receive any Social Security disability benefits.
- Your boss or employer retaliates or punishes you for filing a workers’ comp claim.
- You may have a third-party claim due to someone’s negligence.
In any of the above cases, you might want to make an immediate call to workers comp attorneys NY workers turn to. The above situations might complicate a workers compensation claim even further and require someone who understands the law to fight for what you deserve.
Remember, your attorney is here to help you navigate the tricky path of the workers compensation system while making sure you get the benefits you deserve. This includes making sure you fill out all paperwork on time and properly as well as helping you build your medical evidence files that documents just how you’re injured so the workers compensation authorities have a clear picture of what’s going on.
Now that you have a better idea of why you may want to hire a workers compensation lawyer, give us a call. The workers comp attorneys NY deserves are here to take your call at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. when you call 718-804-5836 today.