If you were hurt at work, consider talking to a work injury attorney Queens NY counts on. The injuries you suffered may have resulted in medical bills and caused you to miss time from work. An experienced attorney from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. may help you obtain compensation for your losses.
Common Types of Workplace Injuries
Employees can suffer many types of injuries at work. Some of these injuries may be severe and cause lasting damage. Here are some of the most common workplace injuries a work injury attorney Queens NY respects may encounter:
- Head Injuries: Concussions and other head injuries can lead to brain damage and may affect your ability to think and move. If a head injury is severe enough, it may require surgery or future therapy sessions.
- Broken Bones: No matter where they occur, broken bones can be very painful and debilitating. If you broke a bone in several places, it may take a while to heal and may prevent you from doing normal daily tasks.
- Neck and Back Injuries: From herniated discs to whiplash, neck and back injuries are often very serious and require surgery. In severe cases, these injuries can result in numbness and partial loss of functions.
- Damaged Limbs: Working with heavy machinery can put you at risk of damaging your arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers and toes. If your limbs get crushed under a piece of machinery, it could lead to long-term pain and, in serious cases, amputation.
- Burns: Whether they are a result from a chemical spill or fire at work, burns are very painful and could leave permanent scars.
When It’s Necessary to Hire a Work Injury Attorney
You may be able to represent yourself in a worker’s compensation claim if your injury y was minor and you didn’t miss a lot of work. However, even if your employer admits that your injury occurred at work and even if you didn’t have a pre-existing condition, a work injury attorney in Queens NY may still be able to provide valuable counsel.
If your case is more complicated, it may be even more important to hire a work injury attorney Queens NY trusts. For example, if your workers’ compensation claim is denied, consulting with an experienced lawyer could be beneficial. He or she may help you appeal your case and receive fair compensation for your injuries.
It may also be a good idea to hire a Queens work injury attorney if your injury has resulted in partial or total disability. If your injury prevents you from returning to work, you may be entitled lifetime payments from your employer. However, if you do not have a skilled work injury attorney Queens NY relies on by your side, your employer’s insurance company may try to avoid paying you what you deserve.
Do not wait to hire a lawyer to take your workers’ compensation case. If you are searching for a work injury attorney Queens NY offers, contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. at (516) 594-0909.